Eventus exists to support finance teams of midsize and rapidly growing public and private firms with fractional resources. Fundamentally, our clients have the exact same finance needs and requirements for quality as large firms. What they don’t have is the same transaction volume. Therefore, they can’t justify hiring the full-stack, full-time finance and accounting teams they need to achieve the level of quality demanded. This inevitably leads to unmet needs and extra stress.
Over ten years, we’ve built our business by getting our hands dirty and playing a key role in our clients’ financial operations to solve this problem. We can support the entire back-office from basic accounting to providing CFO leadership and or aiding the SEC reporting and listing process. We add value by providing flexibility – the right person (or people) with the right expertise for the job, at the right price. And we do it with a planning process that makes sure clients “measure twice and cut once” ensuring superior execution.
Accountants perform a critical function at Eventus. They need to be able to own parts of Financial Operations engagement with little to no oversight. Usually the role entails being the Accountant of multiple public and private companies. Independence, leadership, problem solving, and teamwork are essential traits in Accountants.
- Communication – Excellent communication skills both verbal and written that are clear and concise. An ability to keep the Eventus team as well as the client informed of what is going on without overburdening people with detail
- Leadership and Ownership – A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty. Eventus and the client depend on you to own the deliverables. You are the first and last line of defense.
- Multiple Project Management – most Accountants are on multiple engagements, and must be able to manage all deadlines and deliverables and ensure that there is proper planning and backup to prevent resource conflicts and bottlenecks
- Problem Solving – Strong problem-solving skills identifying and resolving complex issues in an effective and time sensitive pace
- Interpersonal Skills and Collaboration – Strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record as a collaborative partner who drives for results
- Detail orientation – Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical and accounting skills
- A minimum of two years’ experience in private accounting and/or public accounting
- Participated in a month close and full accounting operation
- Participated in a company through an audit (either auditing or being a part of an audit)
- A demonstrated history of success in developing process and achieving project/task deadlines
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Proven track record of working closely with functions across the organizational landscape.
- Experience doing all of the “Responsibilities” of an Accountant
- Day-to-day accounting:
o Preparing Invoices/Bills
o Cash Receipt Applications
o Accounts Receivable Management
o Processing Accounts Payable
o Transaction Processing
o Journal Entries
o Journal Entry Preparation
o Expense Tracking
- Assisting with the month-end closes
- Pre-audit Prep
- Meet Audit Deadlines
- Account Reconciliations
- Managing Client Requests
- Project Management
- Additional duties as necessary
Education and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- CPA in good standing, but license can be non-active [not required but a very nice to have]
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills, ability to learn new software quickly
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge across multiple industries
Email to Apply
- Need to be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.