Eventus exists to support finance teams of midsize and rapidly growing public and private firms with fractional resources. Fundamentally, our clients have the exact same finance needs and requirements for quality as large firms. What they don’t have is the same transaction volume. Therefore, they can’t justify hiring the full-stack, full-time finance and accounting teams they need to achieve the level of quality demanded. This inevitably leads to unmet needs and extra stress.
Over ten years, we’ve built our business by getting our hands dirty and playing a key role in our clients’ financial operations to solve this problem. We can support the entire back-office from basic accounting to providing CFO leadership and or aiding the SEC reporting and listing process. We add value by providing flexibility – the right person (or people) with the right expertise for the job, at the right price. And we do it with a planning process that makes sure clients “measure twice and cut once” ensuring
Senior Mangers perform a critical function at Eventus. They need to be able to own an entire Financial Operations engagement with little to no oversight. Usually the role entails being the VP Finance of multiple public and private companies. Independence, leadership, problem solving, and teamwork are essential traits in Senior Managers.
- Project Management – ability to lead and own an entire project and manage multiple work streams and people who do not necessarily report directly to you
- Communication – Excellent communication skills both verbal and written that are clear and concise. An ability to keep the Eventus team as well as the client informed of what is going on without overburdening people with detail
- Leadership and Ownership – A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty. Eventus and the client depend on you to own all the deliverables and the project itself. You are the first
and last line of defense.
- Multiple Project Management – most Senior Managers are on multiple engagements, and must be able to manage all deadlines and deliverables and ensure that there is proper planning, resource allocation, and backup to prevent resource conflicts and bottlenecks
- Problem Solving – Strong problem-solving skills identifying and resolving complex issues in an effective and time sensitive pace
- Interpersonal Skills and Collaboration – Strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record as a collaborative partner who drives for results
- Detail orientation – Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical and accounting skills
- A minimum of seven years’ progressively responsible experience in finance
- Minimally 3 years as a VP of Finance/CFO/Head of Finance of a private or public company
- “Owned” the full finance function (including accounting – note, do not have to be an accounting expert)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with systems implementations to drive process improvement and scale
- A demonstrated history of success in developing process and achieving project/task deadlines
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Proven track record of working closely with all major functional leaders across the organizational landscape.Experience doing all of the “Responsibilities” of a Senior Manager/VP Finance
Nice to Have Experience:
- Managed a company through a fundraise – debt or equity (or both)
- Managed a company through an audit
- M&A (e.g., purchase of another company or part of one)
- Managed a company through a liquidity event (e.g., sale of company)
- Public/Private Accounting experience
- CPA in good standing, but license can be non-active
- Own the entire Finance Function of a Company (including Accounting)
- Build and maintain comprehensive financial models (e.g., 3 statement models, scenarios, etc.)
- Managing the cash position and working capital of a Company
- Financial Forecasting, Budget Preparation, Implementation and Management
- KPI Design and Implementation
- Managerial Reporting Design and Implementation
- Cash Flow Management and Forecasting
- Board Meeting Management and Board Decks and Reports
- Shareholder/Investor Meeting Preparation and Support
- Audit Committee Interface A/P, A/R, Collections, Billing, Expense Management and Working Capital Process Design and Implementation
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- ERP, Reporting, Planning System Design and Upgrade/Implementation Interface
- Additional duties as necessary
Education and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills, ability to learn new software quickly
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge across multiple industries
Email to Apply
- Need to be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.